Saturday, November 18, 2006

what is my sizzle?

"What is my purpose?" "What am I meant to do?" "What inspires me?" "Why am I still doing what I am doing now if I am not happy?"

There is so much information out there to help us find ourselves. There are books, movies, and coaches. There are retreats, seminars, and yoga bootcamps. There are fasts, cleanses, and meditations. I belive that there is no destination in this journey of self-discovery. I believe it is an everchanging process. When you get to a point where you say, "I should know this," or "I should feel this way," step back and remind yourself that this process is not linear and sometimes you will feel like you are all over the map. If there is any destination it is the place where you can find love and compassion in your heart for yourself, no matter where you are in your journey. The truth is that you are exactly where you are meant to be. You have a gift and something to offer that no one else has.

Give yourself a break.
Give yourself some credit.
When is the last time you recognized yourself for being who you are?

No comments: